Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SMC, problem reseting IP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Rapidly connecting and disconnecting to Battle.net
This is generally caused by connection or networking issues. If you are disconnected, we suggest you wait 5-10 minutes before reconnecting to Battle.net.
You can check our Connection Issues page for help with disconnections.
Creating numerous games within a short time period
Common causes include muling, magic finding, Baal/Pindleskin runs, and in some cases rapid actions within the game itself. If you stay in each game longer you should be able to avoid the restriction. Generally 10 minutes per game is fine.

those are the 2 reasons why most of the users are getting r/d. Theres no intent from me to break any TOS of Geek, but if u guys are out to draw that out, im fine with it. I dont see how im violating anything, and anyone who plays the game know wad its all about.

And btw, that is not the TOS. I did not violate the TOS strictly speaking, and what u guys are pointing out is basically FAQ. Point me to the TOS that specifically states that changing of IP is not allowed, and i rest my case, else i really cant believe this is still going on without any aid.

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Rapidly connecting and disconnecting to Battle.net
This is generally caused by connection or networking issues. If you are disconnected, we suggest you wait 5-10 minutes before reconnecting to Battle.net.

View Post

We are not implying YOU did anything wrong. What we are saying is that for the problem you are describing, Blizzard recommends what you just posted above!

Resetting your IP is something people do that are trying to get around a "REAL legitimate BAN." You are inadvertantly incriminating yourself by taking the reset my IP approach and whether "resetting your IP" is a violation of Blizzard's TOS is a moot point, it is a violation of OUR TOS

Edited by brianmil0923, 11 October 2005 - 09:38 AM.

inite

inite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
oic. Didnt know that despite not violating the TOS of the game, im violating Geek's TOS.

feel free to close topic

Edited by inite, 11 October 2005 - 11:58 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
reported to the mods for closure 10/11/05

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed as per original posters request..

Murray

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Topic closed at OP request