Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Font coloring

• Please log in to reply

Kayne

Kayne

• Pip
  • 7 posts
For some strange reason my font on my applications and files is changing from black writing to green writing. I think it happens when i put the selected files on the desktop and then it changes but im not sure.. Any help would be great, thanks. Also is a picture attatched if unsure of what im on about!

Attached Thumbnails

• font.JPG

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I think your files are compressed. In Windows Explorer, right click on the drive and choose properties. Untick "compress files", and if the font becomes becomes black, problem solved.

Johanna

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
If you look on the left side of your screen shot, you will see "Attributes: Encrypted". Read this for some information on encryption. If you want them to remain encrypted, but not colored, go to the Tools menu and click Folder Options. Go to the View tab and uncheck "Show encrypted and compress NTFS files in color". To unencrypt (not sure if that's a word), right-click the main folder/drive, then click Properties. Then, click the Advanced button and uncheck "Encrypt contents to secure data" and click OK and OK.

Edit: Didn't see that this was the whole drive, added /drive to instructions.

Edited by Pi rules, 08 October 2005 - 07:43 AM.

Kayne

Kayne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks alot Pi,

it worked and i read up on encryption. Thanks!

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Oooops...good catch Pi rules! Sorry I wasn't paying as close attention as I should have, Kayne.

Johanna