Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Memory Dump Problem!

• Please log in to reply

surge

surge

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello. Recently, I have been getting Memory Dumps on my computer.
How can I solve this issue?

Exact errors from event viewer at time of restart/reboot-

Event ID: 4
Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Event ID: 29
The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Event ID:5719
No Domain Controller is available for domain AMCS due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. .
Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

Event ID: 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0xf87c5d70, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini100705-01.dmp.

Event ID: 1054
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Event ID: 15
Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
Enrollment will not be performed.

Please HELP! I think Event ID 1001 is the actual dump error. I don't know what to do!

Thank you.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey surge!

You are right about that most likely being the cause of the error. From what I have researched, it looks like the most likely culprit is your computer's memory. I suggest you download memtest86. I also suggest that you download System Spec. Run it and post the log in this thread. This will give us your system specs. You should also download Speed Fan, it is a great tool used to monitor power supply voltages and CPU temperatures.

Fenor

surge

surge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have not been able to run memtest, yet. Although, I have run SystemSpec and SpeedFan.

My CPU with minimal load is reading at 45C, which I believe is norma.

Local- 37C
HD0- 33C

I didn't need SystemSpec, I could've told you my specs... :tazz: ... but here are my specs anyway-

Windows: Windows XP or .NET server 5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
Memory (RAM): 512 MB
CPU Info: Intel® Xeon™ CPU 2.66GHz
CPU Speed: 2584.9 MHz
Sound card: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Display Adapters: NVIDIA Quadro NVS | NVIDIA Quadro NVS | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD |
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768
Network Adapters: 2Wire PC Port #2 - Packet Scheduler Miniport | Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - Packet Scheduler Miniport |
Power Status: High
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
CD / DVD: D: Compaq CD-ROM SC-148E |
COM Ports: COM2 COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Hard Disks: C: 33.9GB
BIOS Date: 08/21/03
Serial Number: USV33408K1
Manufacturer: Compaq
Product Make: hp workstation xw6000
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
USB Controllers: Detected: 3 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not detected

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Sorry it's been so long since I replied, must have skipped over the email sent to me telling me that you replied to this topic. Again I apologize.

Now to your situation. What exactly are you doing when you get this message? Does it happen when you are doing the same thing, like playing a game/watching a movie/etc.., or does it just happen at random?

Fenor