Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GREAT TOOLS!

• Please log in to reply

pokornyb

pokornyb

• Pip
  • 4 posts
go get your free security software and information at http://www.everyPCneeds.com

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey pokornyb!

Did you create this site yourself or is it the work of someone else, because it looks pretty good so far. :tazz:

Fenor

pokornyb

pokornyb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i have designed it, just looking for more content

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
While we applaud you for your efforts do not spam the forum,
In fac it is nicely laid out, Couple things I noticed at first glance,

Your spam filetring link is coming back as page not found.

On your virus page

A computer virus and be costly and from my own experience can be a pain in the neck.

A computer virus "and" be costly and from my own experience can be a pain in the neck, should be "can"

You can add the link to your sig,
Again please don't go spamming the boards with the link in a new topic in every forum or the link will be removed and closed

BTW you may want to post it in the web design forum and ask the folks there for some feed back :tazz:

Thank you keep up the good work :)

pokornyb

pokornyb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
cool beans, thanks for the input

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Your very welcome :tazz:

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Not bad!
I have a few suggestions:
I believe ZoneAlarm has a newer version, and you could add other free firewalls.
You could suggest free online scans and add Avast!.
Your spam link doesn't work.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
As this is not related to the windows forum I m moving it to its proper place in Web Design

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Some things you might want to consider adding is a link to the following:The only one of these that isn't totally free is Ewido Security Suite, but it does offer full-functionality trial period for I think 30 days.

Edited by Fenor, 08 October 2005 - 10:54 AM.

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
Also visit these links to see what can you add more:

http://www.geekstogo...action=cat&id=2
http://ScHwErV.geekstogo.com/links.php

Anyway very good start :tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Here are some links for Spam Filtering:Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 08 October 2005 - 10:43 AM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Just a word of caution here while a lot of these links that are being provided are very good,
You may not want to add any related to fixes for specific infections, I think your intend is to provide more of a prevetion and simple removal, meaning the likes of Ad-aware,Spybot, online virus scans, Ewido (Keep in mind that can only be used on 2k and XP) should you add it to your site you may note that as to not send a ME or 9x user into a tail spin :tazz:

Also if I may add that adding links for HJT for instance you may want to also note that removal of any items from HJT should be done under the supervision of a qualified person, Trust me we have seen where someone checked every item in a HJT log and then couldn't understand why the computer didn't work anymore
Meaning maybe you could add some links to say Geeks to Go malware page and or any other forums you may be familiar with.

As another note while we have not seen many problems with cleanup! we have seen a few so I caution you on putting it up along with CCleaner

Please don't turn this into a debate over why or why not using cleanup! or CCleaner, I am just giving my feed back for pokornyb as to whether he wants to add them or not Thank you

Don :)

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I agree with you totally here Don, and as such I have modified my previous post. :tazz:

Fenor