Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What to do to LEARN OCing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Master_Axe

Master_Axe

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hio,

I'm 16 right now, and since I'm still wandering around the world with my parents, I use a laptop to play my games. It's just easier. Recently though, I've thought about my future as a student at college, and figured, that once I'm studying, I'll play games on a desktop. Now, I don't want to spend much money on such a desktop, so I'll want to make my own computer, and OC it. Thing is, I've never OCd anything, and I don't want to learn with my new computer, when i get it in 3 years, anyway. I am willing to put time and effort into learning it, so my question here is: How should I start? Should i buy an extremely cheap computer (all cheap components) and OC it (how much would it cost)? About half a year ago, though, my school gave me a *really* old computer. It's got one of those BIOSs that won't let me OC, can I change that somehow? What to do, gotta go, cu thx

Franz

€: Can someone erase one of the two threads, accidentally double posted (Want to get this thread up before I leave, I'm in a hurry >-<). Keep the one you think is better :tazz:. thx

Edited by Master_Axe, 08 October 2005 - 02:58 PM.

Advertisements