Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring hijack this backups

• Please log in to reply

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I just wanted to know how to go about restoring or reinstalling backups made by Hijack This if I think I removed something I may have wanted to keep.

Thanx. <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Open Hijack This, look to the lower right corner of the screen. Click the Config... button, then the backup button.

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello,
The reason I was asking this is because in further attempts to clean up my system, I decided to uninstall the Quick Time Player which we don't use and after running HJT I noticed a 016 entry for QT plugin as well as the 016 entry for Housecall. Thinking that it was OK to remove them I had HJT fix them but now after running Spybot S&D it says that I'm missing a QT plugin Shared Dll and xscan Shared Dll. So I used the restore function in HJT and then ran Spybot again but still get the same results and in the new HJT log these things aren't back. As far as I can tell everything seems to work OK so in Spybot I had it remove the registry entries but I have saved their backups. Should I just ignore this or should I try to reinstall these Dlls?

Thanx again. <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Just to be safe I'd reinstall Quicktime, and them remove it using add/remove programs.

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
:D Thanx, I did as suggested and I believe all is well. <_<