Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

networking

• Please log in to reply

maddog13

maddog13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well i am trying to install wireless network in a new computer i have it on two others in the house they are xp pro. this one is xp home ed. i install the disc and when i put in the usb adapter computer shuts off and it goes to recovery to start it up again or it will keep trying to boot but it shut off and on till i hit f10 and it will recover and i have to rename the computer just like it was new again.

Edited by maddog13, 08 October 2005 - 04:56 PM.

Advertisements

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
this must be an HP computer; you hit F10 and it goes into "restore mode"

Looks like you did everything right up till the F10 point................lol once you "restore" the system, of course you will have to rename the computer; it's like going back to "day 1" when they bought the system.

Install the software for the USB card again, then shut down; once the computer gets past the POST, insert the USB card and allow Windows to recognize it. If the system reboots..... DON"T PRESS F10!!!!!!!!!!!!! Press F8 and select Last Known Good Config and think about getting a new USB card...............