Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can my computer take it ?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Ok i have a Abit NF-7 v2.0 mobo and i would like to put 1GB of ECC Ram in it, ALthough i hear that some computers can not handle it. How can you tell if computer canot handle it ?

My mobo says it can handle up to 2GB of pc 3200, and 3GB of pc 2700 and lower ....

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I'm certain the NF7 doesn't support ECC ram. The best of finding out normally is to go to the manufacturers website or look in the motherboard manual.
Failing that, another good way of checking is to go to Crucials website (http://www.crucial.c...fgr.asp?cat=RAM - UK site) & use their memory advisor. This will give you a list of compatible ram for your mobo but it will also give you details on the type of ram your system can use.