Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:55 PM
Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:15 PM
Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:16 PM
Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:26 AM
Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:41 AM
Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:55 AM
Please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
- If you have trouble getting into Safe mode go here for more info.
Please make sure that you can View Hidden Files
- Click Start -> My Computer
- Select Tools -> Folder options
- Select the View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled.
- Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked.
- For more info on how to show hidden files click here.
Delete these files.
If you get an error while deleting try this first:
Click Start -> Run and type: regsvr32 /u msclock32.dll and hit Enter.
Then type regsvr32 /u msplock32.dll and hit Enter.
Then go back and delete the files.
Reboot back to normal mode.
Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:59 AM
Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:48 AM
The full scan of the computer didn't turn up anything but the PUP window continues.
Edited by showme69, 11 October 2005 - 12:27 PM.
Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:52 PM
Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:06 AM
- Go to Delete a file on Reboot
- Select this file:
- Click Open and Yes to confirm.
- Reboot your computer.
Let me know if you still get the popups.
Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:17 AM
Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:25 AM
Download and save backlight to your desktop. Doubleclick blbeta.exe, accept the agreement, leave [X]scan through Windows Explorer checked, click scan > next.
You'll see a list of all the items it found. There will also be a log on your desktop with the name fsbl.xxxxxxx.log (where xxxxxxx represents numbers). The application finds both bad files and legitimate ones such as "wbemtest.exe", so don't choose the rename option yet! Copy and paste the log it generated in your next reply.
Please download DLLCompare
*Save it to your desktop and run it.
*Click 'Run Locate.com'to scan.
*When the scan has completed, click 'Compare'.
*When completed, click "Make a Log of What Was Found".
*Please Copy/Paste the entire contents of the logfile to this thread.
Note: If you get an error after pressing Run Locate.com:
copy autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair\ folder to c:\windows\system32\ folder.
Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:34 AM
10/12/05 07:30:16 [Info]: BlackLight Engine 1.0.23 initialized
10/12/05 07:30:16 [Info]: OS: 5.1 build 2600 (Service Pack 2)
10/12/05 07:30:16 [Note]: 4019 4
10/12/05 07:30:16 [Note]: 4005 0
10/12/05 07:30:47 [Note]: 4006 0
10/12/05 07:30:47 [Note]: 4011 1728
10/12/05 07:30:47 [Note]: FSRAW library version 1.7.1011
10/12/05 07:31:45 [Note]: 4007 0
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users