Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing my documents icon

• Please log in to reply

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
The 16x16 icon for send to my documents have gone missing for no apparent reason :tazz: I have a screenshot of this attached. There was someone helping me before, but he seem to have disappeared... Anyways, I know that it's not the my document icon itself that's missing because it shows up fine everywhere else (desktop, start, etc). Does anyone here know of a way to fix this? Oh, I forgot to say, I'm running windows 2000

Attached Thumbnails

• missingicon.jpg

Edited by lil_cat_luver, 08 October 2005 - 09:04 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
To add a destination to the Send To menu, you must add a shortcut to the SendTo folder. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type sendto, and then click OK.
3. Add a destination by doing one of the following: • Use the drag-and-drop operation to move the item that you want to the SendTo folder; to do so, right-click, and then click Create Shortcuts Here.
-or-
• Point to New on the File menu, and then click Shortcut.

Follow the instructions in the Create Shortcut Wizard.
A new shortcut is created in the SendTo folder, and it is displayed on the Send To menu.
NOTE: To open the SendTo Folder, you can also perform the following steps: 1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. Double-click the drive where Windows is installed (usually drive C, unless you have more than one drive on your computer).
3. If you cannot view the items on your drive when you open it, under System Tasks, click Show the contents of this drive.
4. Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
5. Double-click the folder of the user whose SendTo menu you want to change (usually your own).
6. Double-click the SendTo folder.
7. The SendTo folder is hidden by default. If the folder is not visible, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then on the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I have added a new destination in the sendto folder, and now it has two my documents, one with the missing icon and one with a regular folder as the icon. Should I delete the old one?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
As long as the new one works

Remove a Destination from the Send To Menu
To remove a destination from the Send To menu, do the following: 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type sendto, and then click OK.
3. Right-click the shortcut that you want to remove, and then click Delete. The shortcut is removed.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
OK, I have done that, and everything seems to work fine. Thank you for helping :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Nooo, I just noticed the sendto mydocuments shortcut is not deleted! I deleted it again in both the default user and my user account, and it just comes back. I've also noticed the new sendto my documents is just a shortcut while the old one is called a "MyDocs Drop Target"...what should I do now?