user account name issues
Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:25 PM
Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:56 PM
1. Log on to the computer as the administrator, and then create a local user account.
2. Log off as the administrator, and then log on to the computer through the local user account that you just created.
Caution You will cause permissions issues if you create the custom user profile when you are logged on as the administrator.
3. Customize the profile appropriately. For example, install printers and map the drives that you need.
4. Log off as the local user, and then log back on as the administrator.
5. Because several of the files in the profile are hidden and must be copied to the new custom default user profile, turn on the Show hidden files and folders option. To do so, follow these steps: a. Double-click My Computer, click Tools, and then click Folder Options.
b. On the View tab, under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
6. Replace the current default user profile with the customized default user profile. To do so, follow these steps: a. In Control Panel, double-click System.
b. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
c. Under User Profiles, click Settings.
d. In the User Profiles dialog box, click the user profile that you just created, and then click Copy To.
e. In the Copy To dialog box, under Copy profile to, click Browse, click the C:\Documents and Settings\Default User folder, and then click OK.
f. Under Permitted to use, click Change, click Everyone, and then click OK. If Everyone is not available, click Advanced, click Find Now, click Everyone, and then click OK.
Windows XP will now assign the custom default user profile to any new user who logs on to the computer.
Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:01 AM
try this go too run typ
control userpasswords2 ok(enter)
now you can change all accounts and delete them
Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:25 AM
Simlar instructions, with out all the detail can be found Here
Edited by Michael Buckley, 09 October 2005 - 03:41 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users