Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN site boxes not appearing

• Please log in to reply

jcson777

jcson777

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have two computers. The one with ME running Netscape 7.0 has not problem when i go to my msn.com site and check my mail. a popup box appears in the corner when i go to empty all the mail without having checked any of them. QUick an no problem. NOT the case with my HP Laptop ruinning XP with Netscape 8.0. I do the same thing but the popup box NEVER appears, making it impossilbe to delete junk and trash mail. ANyone have any idea what it could be. Is it a glitch or is there setting somewhere that i need to tweak.. I use Norton Interenet Security 2005 with anti-spyware. ANy suggestions or ideas to try would be welcome!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The sad fact of life with MSN (and quite often Hotmail) is that they often decide to do some things with it that don't work outside of Internet Explorer.

The fact that it worked in Netscape 7 was coincidence but as Netscape 8 was a entire new version, this trick doesn't work anymore.

You might not have a say in the matter on the HP machine, though HP machines are known to refuse to play happily on anything they didn't come with.

Try it with Firefox and IE to dtermine if the problem is with your Netscape 8 only, because the general rule is if it doesn't work in Netscape it won't work in Firefox either.