Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Resolution Problem

• Please log in to reply

bsharke

bsharke

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When ever I start up in Windows XP now. My monitor settings always defaults to 640x480. I have to go into my settings and change it to 1260x960 or whichever I choose and it will run until I shut down the computer and upon restart it is always back into 640x480. I have a GeForce MX 440 graphic card and I have downloaded the latest driver for it. My monitor is a SCEPTRE X9G-Komodo2 I have tried finding a driver for it at Sceptre but the FTP file is not downloadable for some reason. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

chiefreborn

chiefreborn

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Is it this:

Monitor Drivers Win95/98/ME/2000/XP Sceptre & Komodo CRT & LCD Monitor Drivers. Read the Installation Guide too! 5k

??

I just downloaded it successfully and I can post it on my site for you if you want.

Edited by chiefreborn, 09 October 2005 - 07:46 AM.

bsharke

bsharke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Oh Please do and thanks for the fast reply.

Bill

chiefreborn

chiefreborn

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
This should work:

http://www.codykrieg...les/sceptre.inf

If you have any problems, let me know.

bsharke

bsharke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I found the file X9GKOMODO="SCEPTRE X9G-Komodo2" but what do I do with it. It is not clickable for a download. Is it something I have to do to FTP it to my desktop

I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Edited by bsharke, 09 October 2005 - 08:41 AM.

chiefreborn

chiefreborn

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
How do I install WinXP/2000 driver for the LCD Panel:

Download the driver file from Sceptre website.
Save the file into a diskette.
In Win XP/2000, click on “My Computer" - "Control Panel" - "Display" - " Setting" - "Advanced" - "Monitor" - "Properties” – “Driver”. For Win XP, in Control Panel, please makes sure select “Classic view”.
Click on “update driver” and click “next” button
Click on “display a list of the know driver for this device so that i can choose a specific driver” and click “next” button.
Click on “have disk” button
Click on “look in” and locate file folder
Click on “open” and click “OK” button
Select the model or P/N of the monitor and click on “next” button.
Click on “next” button again
Restart the computer

Straight from the Installation Guide :tazz:

bsharke

bsharke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Chiefreborn....I know hiow to install the driver, etc my problem is how do I download the file. It is not a clickable link that will download it is just in plain tex. Sceptre has most of there drivers with hot links but on the monitor drivers they are all in plain text. I hope I am explaining this correctly.

Thanks

Bill

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I would just copy all the information from that page into notepad and save it with a .inf extension. aka SCEPTRE X9G-Komodo2.inf

Then go to DEVICE MANAGER and select UPDATE DRIVER for your monitor and then click choose from a location and select the INF file you just created.

Fenor

chiefreborn

chiefreborn

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Right click and (if you are using Internet Explorer) hit save target as. If you are in Firefox (which I hope you are) click save link as. What Fenor said would also work.

Edited by chiefreborn, 09 October 2005 - 09:40 AM.

bsharke

bsharke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well I was able to install monitor driver file by adding it to a CD and then installing it and checked my device manager monitor settings and now shows the Monitor Model correctly restarted but still the same problem it defaults and opens back to 640x480 display and I have to go into settings and reset it to a new setting. Anymore suggestions will be greatly appreciated.