Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One of them Days!

• Please log in to reply

Koretek

Koretek

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Ok,
I know we all have em, but somehow it doesnt make me feel any better knowing that other people suffer too! : ) So, I am raring to go this morning and get up early after 4 ours of sleep, I have a big day in front of me which today was to commute into Manhattan, NY for 1/2 days work, go to the Doctor's for an appointment <also in NYCity> then come home to Long Island to take care of my nephew who is to be honest a tough kid, no not in the tough as in beat you up, the tough as in NEVER STOPS........ I mean a BUZZSAW!! Ok, of course all I wanna do is read a few logs and HJT kinda stuff as I am now on a mission from God to eradicate Adware and Im in my own estimate a few days from comfortable but Ill get there, Im pretty much a PitBull and I wont let go until I learn it to my satisfaction..........SO......lol, that was the plan, pretty plain and simple. In theory that is cuz in reality it wasnt close to my day, no in fact my day was much more like this......

Got up after the 4 ours sleep, had my HJT Logs to study along with 2 Tutorials to read on the commute, its now 6AM........I am having that first cup of coffee and getting ready to make out a plan for the future week in a planner my girlfriend gave me but I wanna get an early train into Manhattan and so I just gather all this stuff up plus the normal book I am reading, its something by Greg Iles about Rudolph Hess not supposedly dead and an imposter was him all those years in Spandau Prison and whatever its an Ok read but [bleep] kinda stuff isnt my cup of tea........OH so NOW GET THIS ITS THE MOST IMPORTANT!! I forgot to mention I play poker online, for sometime now after I got thru the "Ok this isnt fixed phase"
and I have done rather well, in fact I placed 4th in a 6K tournament and took 6th in another tournament just within the last 10 days, I learned a longtime ago while living in Las Vegas to play as a pro and its a funny stpry but another day, so I am playing poker while waking up this morning and grabbed a few Music Files because I WONT ever use Kazaa again and I get my butt kicked but good, I mean I lost almost $200 Bux and left the house in a rare Ralph Kramden on a bad day type of mood, get to the train (subway) and go to make the planner out, I wanted to find a way to divide my day so that I play a lil poker, study for this site and then make sure I have a small life somehow away from the PC which we all forget to do and our loved ones have a fit right??

Lol, so Ok I get to the train and my pen wont write......lol, now Im getting pissed but good, I have a donut and coffee with me a chocolate covered donut, my favorite.............I put the coffee down and go to put the planner back away into my back pocket because we wont be using that and I kick the coffe over........no coffee then no donut and throw it away............
go to work and keep my head down....go to the Doctor and got there late and he had someone else in already with 3 people waiitng and they way it works is I would have had to wait so I reschedule and leave............ I FINALLY get a hold of myself on the way home cuz Im gonna explode about now and so I feel alittle better in the fresh air and I say to myself............"self" your not alone and this does happen to other people and blah-blah-blah and all that stuff that dosnt make me feel better anyway, so I get home. ( yes I know this is long but I had to give you the picture and drag out my punchline) Yes, home sweet home....the place to feel all better but wait.......whats this?? Oh Geez, my Nephew the non-stop Express of Doom!! I love the kid but he is a bit much believe me! Ok, so I realize I never checked my e-mail and go back to the PC to sitdown wiith a fresh cup of coffee and I think maybe I can start the day over.......EXCEPT...............OH Lord No, can this be?? I left my POKER GAME OPEN WITH THE MONEY ACCOUNT and do I have to tell you the rest?? Yes, the human toronado decided to PLAY!!!
I had 739 in the account last night, I lost about $200 and got home to $51.87.HE LOST ALMOST 500!! Whew, I am famous for saying stuff when this type of a day happens like "Just please tell me who I killed so I can apologize" and as bad as it soinds who can I blame, hes 9! He had no clue, Oh man I only had $50 invested and I guarantee you that I will pump it up but this has been a nightmare I wont forget for a good long while. :mad:

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Sounds horrible ;)

Try to wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow, will ya :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
What a day indeed! Just thinking, what if he won? Imagine your surprise if you came home and he had actually won $500. ;) You'd have him over more often. :tazz:

On this subject, I've actually considered starting a poker thread, or even a poker forum in the community category. It's popularity has exploded, and it's an interest of mine. I don't play online, but I do get together with friends to have tournaments. :cheers:

Not sure if it's a good fit for this site, but we get a lot of users that come here, get their problem fixed and leave. I'm always thinking of ideas to make the site "stickier", by encouraging reasons to come back. On almost every forum I've visited the off-topic forum is the busiest. Not here. :thumbsup:

Koretek

Koretek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Yes,

it was a day I wont soon forget Ill tell ya. I guess as far as off-topic posts go, most of our members come here in desperation with problems and kinda dissapear until disaster strikes again but we are seen as a security forum I guess so I think its kinda normal in that respect, as far as a Poker Thread.U cant lose, if it doesnt take off, so what.if it does, thats all good too right? I have to run into the city again this morning, I have done the practice logs and will post them later I hope, I have my nephew until tommorow afternoon I think, the kids a human Toronado, whew hes tough................. Ok Ill catch up the minute I can!

xanthorea

xanthorea

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I would be interested in a poker thread,been playing Holdem with a few
mates and have tried online for fun but they have given me puter probs.
Any recommended sites?

Datababe

Datababe

IT Professional

• Pip
  • 8 posts
To add to those "one of those days" (or in this case nights)...nothing like scrambling all Saturday afternoon prepping some workstations to use in weekend $system_volume_test, $vendor's test script has a code glitch which sets us back probably about an hour, then $test_server uploads the data much more slowly than expected...FINALLY at 11:45pm (I'd arrived at 2:00pm) $vendor says "Okay, we have to generate $test_cases date-stamped with tomorrow's date, so at 12:01 I'll kick it off and we're outta here!". $SME looks up and says "Nope; we've got another hour - $data_server is on central time.".

:tazz:

And then have to be in again today in the morning....UGH. They don't really need me here unless one of the workstations melts down, so I'm sitting around doing not much (except reading forums, lol), but guess what will happen the minute I walk out the door...?? *grumble*

DB