Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.Vundo [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
See if this will get rid of them once and for all:

Download KillBox http://www.greyknigh...spy/KillBox.exe. Run KillBox and check the box that says 'End Explorer Shell While Killing File'. Next click on 'Delete on Reboot'. Copy the below files and go back to KillBox. Go to File->Paste from Clipboard and then hit the button with a red circle and white X. Confirm to delete and when asked if you want to reboot, say Yes:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddaxv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vxadd.*

If you get a PendingOperations message, just close it and restart your computer manually.

Your log is clean.

To help prevent future spyware installations/infections, please read the Anti-Spyware Tutorial and use the tools provided.

Are there any problems now? If not, you should be set to go.

Advertisements

RJ7887

RJ7887

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
well it is running good, i just got some pop ups that were related to trojan.vundo but it was not the same file.. norton deleted all 4 of them.
i dont see any problems at the moment, but this is always my number one spot if things go really wrong =)

ill try that out and let you know, thanks again

RJ7887

RJ7887

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
i think it worked. i couldnt see the file.. so i think its gone

thanks again a lot, computer is running great, but who knows how long that can last =) hopefully long.. i just realized my system restore was turned off because i had to do that for winfixer.. i guess i should turn that back on lol

thanks, i really appreciate it
:tazz:

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.