Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having to restart new router: BEFSR41 ver. 3

• Please log in to reply

gyzer

gyzer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Alright. I bought this router a few weeks ago and I've been having problems left and right with it. I've called linksys twice and they still can't help me.

Here's the prob: Every morning when I go to turn on my comps, I have no connection to the internet. Also I can't even access the router settings. All I have to do is reset the router and its fixed. I have updated the firmware to 1.05 and the problem keeps on happening. When ever I call linksys they start asking about the MAC address, but I know thats not the problem seeing as I can't even access the router settings until I reset the damned thing.

Now I know ver. 4 of this router is out, and I'm very close to just sending the router back to linksys and having them send me out a ver. 4.

Any help concerning this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You don't turn the router (or the cable modem for that matter) off at night as well do you?

Fenor

gyzer

gyzer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No I don't, only things that go off at night are the monitors and the comps them selves, thats it.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Do you have a "hard" wired connection to it on one of your machines? You have to, to access the setup page, which is usually

http://192.168.1.1

but may be different. Some routers use the serial number as the access login. You need to get in to set the router to keep the connection open or automatically log you in.

gyzer

gyzer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes both machines are hooked up to the router via cat 5/6. Yes I treid 192.168.1.1 and it would give me an error saying that it could not connect to the router. The computers are connected to the router, and the router is connected to the modem 24/7. Power is always on for the router and modem as well 24/7.