Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SP2 Removal

• Please log in to reply

StrokingEwoks

StrokingEwoks

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm trying to remove the Service Pack 2 on my computer, but no where on my computer is it detecting it. I know I have it with the Security Console, and in safe mode at the top it says "Service Pack 2". Any help?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi StrokingEwoks!

When in the DEVICE MANAGER, click on the checkbox next to SHOW UPDATES, then it should be listed down at the bottom labeled WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2

Don't uninstall it if you are just trying to get the Windows XP theme back to work, because I told you how to fix it in that post.

Fenor

StrokingEwoks

StrokingEwoks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It still does not show up when the "Show Updates" box is clicked on. I'm trying to remove due to dislike of it. My computer ran better without it.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here to repair your operating system

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

OR

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm

Use the last one - Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, which uses a slightly different method

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

After running the repair it will be necessary to install all Windows Updates