Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

winfix problems [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cdq

cdq

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, Trevuren

It seems that the malware problems are gone, thanks a ton for the help.

I suspect I might have one or more viruses. If I open my norton application the font size is very large and the screen size is very small and not resizeable or "maximizeable", this also goes for spyboot S&D. I tried to update the virus definition yesterday but it did not seem to do so. So I consider uninstalling it and install AVG instead.

Another issue is that my pc is having trouble with the shutdown process. My impression is that the longer I have it turned on the longer the shutdown/reboot process seem to take. It could often take from aprox 2 to 5 minuttes. From time to time I alos get a message telling me that the symantec process ccapp is not responding and will be automaicatly turned of, during shut down/reboot. My general impression is that the pc still have some problems related to it.

During this dialog with you I've considered scratching the laptop and reinstall everything. But as both you and me have used a great amount of time fixing the issues. This option somehow seems like a defeat to the virus/malware camp! Which I, not gladly or likely, is acceptable to commit :tazz:

Regards Chris

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
What you are describing does not appear to be malware related but either application or system related which is another matter. I recommend that you uninstall both applications (While unplugged from the internet) and perform a new install of both. Then plug back into the net, update your definitions and run them.

Regards,

Trevuren

cdq

cdq

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi.

So you consider the spyware problem solved, according to the latest logs as from yesterday?

Chris

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Your log came out clean and you told me that you were not experiencing any signs of malware in your previous post. Those last items , and I repeat, are not malware related.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.