Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI's Newest cards

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Hey guys anyone know what the new ATI cards are like? and when they are released?

I was gonna get an Nvidia 7800GTX but i think ill hold off till ATI's new range are about.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The big daddy of the cards is just out about now, they are being rolled out model by model and all will be available by the end of november the flagship R580 core cards are apparently quite the business and even the lower end R520 is faster than the 7800GT even though it only has 16 pipes, well the 7800 only has 16 pipes out technically.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
haaa, i knew as soon as i mentioned grpahics cards you would reply first.

Cool...think we'll get a decent price drop on all the cards out of this?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Merely a timing thing im not on very much anymore it caught my eye, http://www.extremete...,1867116,00.asp thats the first review ive seen, the 1800XT is one [bleep] of a card, there will be a a price war the ATI cards prices are gonna start quite high just becaus eits new really they should go down a bit whitin the first two months, mind you i would love to get a pair of thos 512mb 1800s in a crossfire setup.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
....sweeeet....btw, check my thread in hardware if u got a minute please, u might have an idea about it.