Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ortho Surgeon need help... IE locking

• Please log in to reply

Orthodoc

Orthodoc

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello there I am an orthopedic surgeon trying to run an orthopaedic disc program on the computer. Its a new dell with the latest version of XP and IE. The program is run by clicking on the icon for the program (the icon is an internet explorer icon so it opens in explorer). The browser kind of flashes a couple times lightly and then freezes. the little status bar at the bottom has all the green bars in the status thing full and it freezes. the only way to get out is to click on the x in the corner and it says the program has stopped responding and you have to kill it. Anybody have any idea what to do? I tried the two common ways of fixing IE as described everywhere. Didnt work. I really need this program to work (it works for others)... I am willing to pay for help??? Somebody please....

orthodoc

Advertisements

Orthodoc

Orthodoc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I forgot to say that I believe the program is some sort of active content cause I had to go into the tools and allow active content to be run so that it would even get to the point where it freezes... otherwise it was blocking the file. THanks.
Orthodoc

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go Orthodoc. I hope you don't have someone on the table waiting for this computer :tazz:

First off, you can probably get your program working right away by installing a very secure alternate browser, FireFox:
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

Second, does this system have access to the Internet? Sounds like it may have contracted some malware. Start here: http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852