Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd-rom has a file by the D for drive and not seein

• Please log in to reply

xfile47

xfile47

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Windows XP Sp1

I gave my son a computer. Of course he has had it for a couple of days and already he needs help. Here is the problem, He called me so I am going to try to call him back if I can get some answers.

He loaded a game called Roller coaster tycoon and I guess everything was fine and they have been playing it for a day or two. Tonight he was going to load a game he bought at wal-mart it is just a bunch of cards games and puzzles etc. When he went to load it the directions said to go to start>Run> and type in D://exe which he did but it wouldnt do anything. He called me. I told him to go to my computer and was going to have him go to D drive but he said the D drive was not like it was suppose to be. Instead it showed like a file (a peice of paper with the one end folded in a little bit) and then the D for drive, I told him to double click it to see if it would show what was on the cd he put in but it just keeps telling him to put a cd in the tray, and thats when the cd is already in the tray. I think he said the paper that shows beside the d drive said roller coaster tycoon or something like that . I had him uninstall roller coaster tycoon and then try the other game but the d drive still had that peice of paper and it still said to put a cd in the tray when it was already in there. Can someone give me some idea's?? Thanks

:tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Rolloer Coaster Tycoon may be running on start up, and many games require that you load the disk to play, even though the game is loaded into the hard drive. The reason for that is to prevent multiple people from using the disk to install the game in multiple computers. Anyway what you may need to do is use the Task Manager to close RCT, or remove it from start up in msconfig. Then you should be able to use the cd-rom.

This is just an obvious possibility.