Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply

Scott2789

Scott2789

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello everyone I have been getting this blue screen of death for the past couple days..it says this at the bottom of the screen OxOOOOOO8E (OxOOOOOO80, Ox804FBABB, OxF4BFF278, OxOOOOOOOO)

-Scott

Thank You

Advertisements

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
When do you get this BSOD? The 08E stop is usually a driver problem.

Also if you could include your minidump (C:\windows\minidump\) as an attachment that would help to narrow down the source of the problem.

*EDIT*

I also forgot to mention when that does happen and you get back into Windows it will usually say that the system has recovered from a serious error, ask you to send an error report. Go ahead and let it send the error report. Sometimes it will come up with a box that says something to the effect "To see more information click here" or it will pop up with a browser window with more information. Either way take a look at that additional info and it may tell you exactly what is wrong. Or not, which is why we are here. :tazz:

Edited by Alopeke, 09 October 2005 - 10:45 PM.

Scott2789

Scott2789

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

When do you get this BSOD? The 08E stop is usually a driver problem.

Also if you could include your minidump (C:\windows\minidump\) as an attachment that would help to narrow down the source of the problem.

View Post

im not sure what your asking to put it as an attachment

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
If Windows put something in C:\Windows\minidump that is the file that Windows made when it crashed. It contains information such as memory addresses, drivers, and other things going on at the time of the crash. This is sometimes helpful in narrowing the cause of the crash.

Scott2789

Scott2789

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

If Windows put something in C:\Windows\minidump that is the file that Windows made when it crashed. It contains information such as memory addresses, drivers, and other things going on at the time of the crash. This is sometimes helpful in narrowing the cause of the crash.

View Post

im not sure how to post it on here though..im sorry im new at this

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Oh. Open up Notepad and then open the file inside of notepad. Copy all the text and come back here and hit Ctrl-V to paste it then submit your post.

The easy way to open the file instead of going through Notepad and going to File and Open is to locate the file on your drive, you can also go to Start > Run and type in C:\Windows\Minidump and press OK. Once you see the file there, drag it into Notepad and it will open up.

Oh yea, when do you get this Blue screen of Death? Is it something you can recreate easily, like are there steps you can do to make it happen?

Scott2789

Scott2789

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Oh. Open up Notepad and then open the file inside of notepad. Copy all the text and come back here and hit Ctrl-V to paste it then submit your post.

The easy way to open the file instead of going through Notepad and going to File and Open is to locate the file on your drive, you can also go to Start > Run and type in C:\Windows\Minidump and press OK. Once you see the file there, drag it into Notepad and it will open up.

Oh yea, when do you get this Blue screen of Death? Is it something you can recreate easily, like are there steps you can do to make it happen?

View Post

There is a bunch of files on my minidump and i get the blue screen randomly usually but when i play games i get it the most

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Have you checked to make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card?

Scott2789

Scott2789

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Have you checked to make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card?

View Post

yeah

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I will see what other troubleshooting steps I can come up with but for me I will need some additional information.

Was there any changes made or new programs installed when this started happening?

Does it happen in Safe Mode?

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Here is one other thing you might try. The System File Checker. Go to Start > Run type in SFC /SCANNOW and press enter. The Windows File Protection will come up and scan your files and make sure they are intact and their original versions. It may ask for your Windows XP CD to recover some files. This might take a while and since it may replace some files with older or original versions some other programs may not work.

Scott2789

Scott2789

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Here is one other thing you might try. The System File Checker. Go to Start > Run type in SFC /SCANNOW and press enter. The Windows File Protection will come up and scan your files and make sure they are intact and their original versions. It may ask for your Windows XP CD to recover some files. This might take a while and since it may replace some files with older or original versions some other programs may not work.

View Post

k thank you..i will have to find my xp cd now