Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Not Working

• Please log in to reply

twistedone

twistedone

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm running Windows XP, a Sempron 2600+ on an Asus k8vmx, and I just bought and installed an agp 6600gt video card. Before I installed the video card, my Soundblaster Live sound card was working just fine. Now it isn't even working at all, and windows xp doesnt even recognize that I have an audio device. When I go to the Device Manager, there is a yellow question mark beside other devices -> Raid Controller, but winxp can't find any drivers for it.

In the details it lists:
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149&SUBSYS_80ED1043&REV_80\3&267A616A&0&78

Any idea on how to fix this problem?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
An obvious possibility is that you've run out of IRQs and since the sound card is near the bottom of the list it didn't get one. Check in Device Manager and in System Information.

twistedone

twistedone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Here's what I was talking about

http://img73.imagesh...=problem5xz.jpg