Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word missing toolbar

• Please log in to reply

Deena

Deena

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I do not have a toolbar in the MS word application. It only has a ruler type slide on the top of the page. I had tried to load a printmaster program before I had this problem. GEEK squad had me uninstall-reinstall MS office.-$40 for nothing :tazz: DId not help. When I hit F 11, it brings up MS Visual basic ?!? I cannot open a new doc-change fonts-anything with no file options---help!! I have spent hours on this and I have a college assignment due! thanks -Deena

Advertisements

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
You don't have any toolbar?

File Edit View Insert Format Tools Table Window Help

Not even that one?

You could try right clicking where the toolbars are supposed to be and turning them on.

If you see a box that says "Type a question for help" then your Menu toolbar is there just File Edit... is missing. To get those back Right Click where the toolbar is supposed to be, select Customize, click the Toolbars tab, select Menu Bar, and click Reset. It will ask you "Reset changes made to Menu Bar for" and just leave Normal.dot selected and press OK and click Close.

Let me know if this helps.

Deena

Deena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your help- but it didn't help---nothing there. If I right click, it brings up cut-copy-past-paragraph-options. All I have for help is the little paperclip office assistant.....any other suggestions?deena

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Try this