Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard drive prob

• Please log in to reply

splinter500

splinter500

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
k there is the problem:

Build a custom pc.
then put in the things like hard drive , mother chip, and etc.
then when i start up the pc, it just stop right after the memory testing.
I got no chance of pressing the "delete" button and so i got no chance of accessing
my bios setting.
pls tell me what to do i need to build and fiz this for my dad before his annervisty

Advertisements

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
First I would try disconnecting the IDE devices such as your hard drives and CD-Rom drives. Then turn the computer on and check in the BIOS to see if the IDE settings are set to automatically detect the drives attached. Go ahead and let it try to boot up with no drives attached and see if it gets past the memory test. If it doesn't there may be something else wrong with the configuration and we will probably need more information about the system you are building.

But if it does boot and get past the memory test then make sure the jumper settings are correct on the drives. One is master, the other is Slave. Plug them back in and give it a go. So just try working backwards. Reconnect one drive or device at a time and see where the breaking point is.