Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hijack This Log, Please help! [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

3ng1i5hn3rd

3ng1i5hn3rd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey Phil,

I tried to run System File Checker, but it kept popping up, asking me to put in the XP disc. All my protected files can be viewed, but I still get that message (more than once). Do I need to find the disc??

Chrissy

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,130 posts
Yes. It sounds like you have a file corruption.

If doing a SFC doesn't cure it, you may wish to visit our OS forum for XP and let someone, more expert in such matters than I, edit whichever file it is causing it.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,130 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.