Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell dimension 2350

• Please log in to reply

lhess

lhess

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I am looking to upgrade my dell dimension 2350, which shipped at 128 mb to 512 mb. I need help in getting the right chip. Do I have to use a "pc2100". My speed is 266 mh. Can I use just one 512 chip or do I have to use 2 256 chips? I pretty new at this and I would appreciate any help I could get.

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You dont have to use PC2100, but you gain no benefits from using higher clocked RAM. You can use just one RAM chip, but I would just buy one 512MB and install it with the the 128MB that is in there, the computer can use up to 1GB of RAM. Head over to Crucial, I have bought RAM from there and nevered have a problem. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 06 January 2005 - 10:12 PM.