Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP

• Please log in to reply

shadow522

shadow522

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an hp pavillion pc with an AMD processor and MS XP. I do a lot of digital photo work and printing. The mx 704 monitor is controlled by a VIA/S3G chip. There is a lot of color adjustments available with this chip. I can't find any instructions for using these controls. I am trying to keep my monitor image constant with my printer output, because the colors on the monitor drift a bit from time to time. I have learned that this is normal and the monitor has to be adjusted to maintain color integrity with the printer. I have contacted HP tech help. Two different techs worked with me and were unable to get me the info I am looking for.
Does anyone out there have any ideas or info on this matter?
shadow522

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. If this is an HP product and they can't provide any additional insight, I suspect all you can do is what you have already learned and are currently doing. You could try to find a monitor known to have more stable color.