Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hpt3xx.sys could not be found

• Please log in to reply

janteck30

janteck30

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i have reformated the harddrive of my computer and is trying to reinstall windows xp i used one CD and kept getting Stop:c0000221 unknown Hard error \system\System32\ntdll.dll i changed the memory and still kept getting the same thing.

i used a different CD and i kept getting the " the file hpt3xx.sys could not be found.

anyone have any idea what the problem might be????

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi janteck30...Welcome to G2G!

Your problem can be cuased by a number of things including missing mainboard drivers or a bad mainboard. A little more information on your system may be helpful to trouble shoot this issue.

wannabe1

janteck30

janteck30

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
this is a new motherboard, new processor, new memory the only thing that is reused is the harddrive and the case..... the mother board is an intel desktop board with a P4 Intel Celeron