Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Message about Norton 2005

• Please log in to reply

MarcL

MarcL

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hello,

For some time now, I've been getting a strange message from Norton Antivirus 2005 everytime I boot up, run Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Powerpoint (but not Excel). When I run other software, it does not appear. The message reads "Norton Antivirus 2005 does not support the repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall". Before that message pops up, it is immediately preceded by one that says "Preparing to install". Strangely enough, this has not had any noticeable impact on my computer's performance, nor on the functionability of Norton Antivirus, or any other software for that matter. It's just annoying. I think this started after running Spybot S&D, and accepting to delete something it had found. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Something has gone wrong with Norton, to fix it do what it said Uninstall and reinstall. Personally I think the first advice very good and would follow it and uninstall Norton AntiVirus, but I would not reinstall it. Norton AntiVirus besides being a resource hog dose cause a lot of errors. I use AVG AntiVirus and that is what I think you should get. There is a link in my signature please click that.