Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan in C:\Windows\System32\rdriv.system [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

townangel

townangel

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Please help! :tazz: I’ve tried everything to get rid of this problem, but my AVG Free continues with it’s pop-up whenever I reboot, and it won’t leave until I turn off the virus protection.

I’ve run Ad-Aware, which only finds cookies and negligible stuff, Spybot Search and Destroy, Panda found the trojan but didn’t get rid of it, Ewido says it got rid of it but AVG Free still says it’s there. CWShredder finds nothing.

I tried downloading the trial version of TrojanHunter, but it immediately says my time has expired. Maybe I’ve used this in the past.

I have always used ZoneAlarm’s free version, but the latest prompted update I attempted to do several days ago crashed it. I cannot uninstall it due to error in GLB108.tmp.exe, and I’ve been unable to reinstall it due to vsmon.exe errors. Might this be related?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

Here are copies of Hijack this and Ewido. The Ewido shows the original scan and then the latest one showing no problems:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:53:34 PM, on 10/10/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Dark Adapted\DkAdapWin\DarkAdapted.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\hijack this NEW\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.thewgalch....com/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\WS_FTP Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Roam] C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Application Data\ttds.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Control Pad - {28D44DAD-D1FC-4d4f-BB1B-ADF037C8DDBC} - C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\Verizon Online Control Pad\VerizonControlPad.Exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Control Pad - {28D44DAD-D1FC-4d4f-BB1B-ADF037C8DDBC} - C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\Verizon Online Control Pad\VerizonControlPad.Exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1123562832238
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1128713893600
O16 - DPF: {776706AE-CACA-4EA3-93DF-BB83D9259DA9} (MailConfigure Class) - http://supportservic...ool/MailCfg.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {D06A22B4-6087-4D3D-B7AF-82B113E9ABD4} (CPostLaunch Object) - http://www2.verizon....es/vzWebIns.CAB
O21 - SSODL: URLREWIN - {CA2DB500-5ECF-11D2-B28F-0080C8383C7B} - c:\windows\system32\netknl.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: windows update - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\services.exe

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report

+ Created on: 5:24:51 PM, 10/6/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 5D5C799A

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MiniBugTransporter.MiniBugTransporterX\CLSID\\ -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MiniBugTransporter.MiniBugTransporterX.1\CLSID\\ -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/MediaTicketsInstaller.ocx\\.Owner -> Spyware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/MediaTicketsInstaller.ocx\\{9EB320CE-BE1D-4304-A081-4B4665414BEF} -> Spyware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/MiniBugTransporter.dll\\.Owner -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files/MiniBugTransporter.dll\\{2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/mfc42.dll\\{9EB320CE-BE1D-4304-A081-4B4665414BEF} -> Spyware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/msvcrt.dll\\{9EB320CE-BE1D-4304-A081-4B4665414BEF} -> Spyware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/olepro32.dll\\{9EB320CE-BE1D-4304-A081-4B4665414BEF} -> Spyware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WildMedia -> Spyware.MidAddle : Cleaned with backup
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\\{B195B3B3-8A05-11D3-97A4-0004ACA6948E} -> Spyware.HotBar : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-796845957-764733703-1343024091-500\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\\{B195B3B3-8A05-11D3-97A4-0004ACA6948E} -> Spyware.HotBar : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\df_kmd.sys -> Trojan.Rootkit.Agent.af : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\rdriv.sys -> Trojan.Rootkit.k : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\UWFX5LP_0001_0802NetInstaller.exe -> Not-A-Virus.Downloader.Agent.c : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\pctptt.exe -> Dialer.Generic : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe -> Worm.Bagle.o : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Default\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@burstnet[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Burstnet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Ru4 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@serving-sys[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@2o7[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Adserver : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@yieldmanager[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@trafficmp[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@casalemedia[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@revenue[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Revenue : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@questionmarket[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@tribalfusion[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\administrator@com[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Specificclick : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

+ Created on: 1:06:15 PM, 10/9/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 3E16C25C

+ Scan result:

No infected objects found.

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi townangel and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your log.

I will be back with a fix within the hour. It takes a little time to prepare.

Regards,

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Please follow all instructions as specified. Print these instructions to ensure all are followed.

Please download the following programs, but do not run them yet:

* rdrivRem.zip
  • Unzip it to your desktop.
* Ewido Security Suite
  • Install ewido security suite
  • Launch ewido, there should be a big E icon on your desktop, double-click it.
  • The program will prompt you to update click the OK button
  • The program will now go to the main screen
  • You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
  • On the left hand side of the main screen click update
  • Click on Start
  • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed
  • After the updates are installed exit Ewido.
* CleanUp!
  • Install it.
* Killbox by Option^Explicit
  • Save it to your desktop.
Save these files to Notepad, on your desktop. They will be needed later:

C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Application Data\ttds.exe
PowerReg Scheduler.exe
c:\windows\system32\netknl.dll
C:\WINDOWS\services.exe

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight "Safe Mode" then hit enter.

1.) Please double-click rdrivRem.bat to run the program - follow the instructions on the screen. After it's complete, rdriv.txt will be created in the rdrivRem folder.

2.) Double-click the Ewido Security Suite icon to run the program.
  • Click on scanner
  • Click Complete System Scan
  • Let the program scan the machine
While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose "clean", then put a check next to "Perform action on all infections" in the left corner of the box so you don't have to sit and watch Ewido the whole time. Click OK.

Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report
  • Save the report to your desktop
  • Exit Ewido
3.) Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:
Click "Options..."
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
  • Empty Recycle Bins
  • Delete Cookies
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Cleanup! All Users
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.

4.) After Cleanup! is finished, run HijackThis. Place a check next to the following items, if found, and click FIX CHECKED:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Roam] C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Application Data\ttds.exe
O21 - SSODL: URLREWIN - {CA2DB500-5ECF-11D2-B28F-0080C8383C7B} - c:\windows\system32\netknl.dll

Close HiJackThis.

5.) Run Killbox.exe.

* Select "Delete on Reboot".

* Open the notepad you saved earlier. Press CTRL + A to select all file paths in the notepad, then press CTRL + C which will copy all of them to the clipboard.

* Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".

* Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click "OK" at any "PendingRenameOperation" prompt. If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.

After computer has restarted continue with the rest of the instructions:

6.) Make sure your firewall is on. Make sure you can turn it off then turn it back on and that nothing is greyed out.
Also, Make sure your Anti-Virus program is working properly - you can turn on and off auto-protect, etc.

7.) Run BOTH of these online virus scans (NOT at the same time!):
ActiveScan
TrendMicro's HouseCall - check "Auto Clean"

Save the results from ActiveScan.

I need you to post the contents of rdriv.txt, the log from Ewido, the log from ActiveScan, and a new HiJackThis log into this topic.

Regards,

Trevuren

townangel

townangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi Trevuren,

Thanks so much for replying so quickly. I don't have good news, though. Right off the bat, I couldn't get the rdrivRem.bat ro run. It read:
bad command or file name (6 times)
unsupported version
sorry, this tool cannot be run on your system

What should I do now? :tazz:

Thanks again!

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
I'll send it up to the Development Experts

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Would you please try it again and note the whole error message. It is supposed to work on 2000 systems

Trevuren

townangel

townangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi Trevuren,

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm running Windows 2000 Professional. I booted to safe mode again and tried to run rdrivRem.bat, and I got the same error message:

bad command or file name
bad command or file name
bad command or file name
bad command or file name
bad command or file name
bad command or file name
Unsupported version

Sorry, this tool cannot be run on your computer.
Press any key to close this window.
Press any key to continue.....

I found something else freaky now. In my add/remove programs, there is hardly anything there! Odd.... And my AVG Free won't download the latest updates and zonealarm won't run.

I'm getting pretty worried, as I work from my computer at home. :tazz:

Thanks again for your help, Trevuren.

Edited by townangel, 10 October 2005 - 07:57 PM.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
That rdriv is a "rootkit" type infection. One of the newer and more deadly kind. They can be extremely difficult to remove and because of the nature of the infection, there can be a lot of dammage done to a system.

While we are waiting to find out why the "fix" isn't working on your system, I STRONGLY suggest that you backup all important information on your system.

Trevuren

townangel

townangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi Trevuren,

I'm working on backup things up. I ran Trend Micro and then Panda Activescan last night, and here’s what they show:

Trend Micro:
We have detected 0 infected file(s) with 0 virus(es) on your computer.
We have detected 0 Trojan horse program(s) and worm(s) on your computer.
We have detected 0 vulnerability/vulnerabilities on your computer.
We have detected 0 spyware(s) on your computer.

Activescan
Incident Status Location
Adware:adware/mediatickets No disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:Adware/PurityScan No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\r?gsvr32.exe
Virus:W32/Sdbot.FGW.worm Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\services.exe
At some point about 1/3 through the activescan, I was being asked to select user or something and it wouldn't go further. The one choice I remember was Outlook. That didn't happen when I ran it just the other day, so I kind of panicked and stopped it. Anyway, I'm running it again, and a friend has this thread saved in case I fail to reboot or whatever. Am I messing you up by still running things?Thanks you again for you help and concern!

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
You are not messing me up as long as you don't remove any system files. BTW, just to refresh my memory, what scan prompted you to declare that you were infected with rdriv.system in the first place.

Whatever that scan was, please run it again and look for any report of the continued presence of that file in your system.

Regards,

Trevuren

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
This is the updated version of the Fix.

Please follow all instructions as specified. Print these instructions to ensure all are followed.

Please download the following programs, but do not run them yet:

* rdrivRem.zip
  • Unzip it to your desktop.
* Ewido Security Suite
  • Install ewido security suite
  • Launch ewido, there should be a big E icon on your desktop, double-click it.
  • The program will prompt you to update click the OK button
  • The program will now go to the main screen
  • You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
  • On the left hand side of the main screen click update
  • Click on Start
  • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed
  • After the updates are installed exit Ewido.
* CleanUp!
  • Install it.
Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight "Safe Mode" then hit enter.

1.) Please go into the rdrivrem folder and double-click rdrivRem.bat to run the program - follow the instructions on the screen. After it's complete, rdriv.txt will be created in the rdrivRem folder.

2.) Double-click the Ewido Security Suite icon to run the program.
  • Click on scanner
  • Click Complete System Scan
  • Let the program scan the machine
While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose "remove", then put a check next to "Perform action on all infections" in the left corner of the box so you don't have to sit and watch Ewido the whole time. Click OK.

Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report
  • Save the report to your desktop
  • Exit Ewido
3.) Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:
Click "Options..."
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
  • Empty Recycle Bins
  • Delete Cookies
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Cleanup! All Users
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.
**If it asks if you want to reboot or log off press NO.

4.) After Cleanup! is finished, run HijackThis. Place a check next to the following items, if found, and click FIX CHECKED:

Close HiJackThis.

Reboot your computer into normal mode.

5.) Make sure your firewall is on. Make sure you can turn it off then turn it back on and that nothing is greyed out.
Also, Make sure your Anti-Virus program is working properly - you can turn on and off auto-protect, etc.

6.) Run BOTH of these online virus scans (NOT at the same time!):
ActiveScan
TrendMicro's HouseCall - check "Auto Clean"

Save the results from ActiveScan.

I need you to post the contents of rdriv.txt, the log from Ewido, the log from ActiveScan, and a new HiJackThis log into this topic.

Regards,

Trevuren

townangel

townangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi again Trevuren,

Since it’s been awhile since I posted last, I wanted to come on and say I got your new list of fixes and am finishing up the last steps, running MicroTrend right now and will do Activescan when that one is done.

I tried booting to safe mode and running that rdriv fix, but it came back with the same ‘bad command or file name’ error, so there is no rdriv.txt to list. Maybe one of these many steps done before cleaned up that problem? I went ahead while in safe mode and ran the Ewido, which came back clean!! I ran CleanUp just fine but was unable to check the Delete Prefetch Files - that was grayed out. I ran Hijack This and click those fixes you listed.

My AVG Free will not allow an update. I wonder how I can download the files from their site and manually put them into use? Also, the ZoneAlarm is shot – I cannot load the one I have (“vsmon.exe has generated errors”), I can’t delete the one I have (“GLB67.tmp.exe has generated errors”), and a new downloaded one will not load (vsmon.exe again). I get a popup saying “setup was not able to log into the TrueVector service. Install cannot continue without logging into the Truevector Service. Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service and then restart the installer program.

It freaks me out that the Ewido scan done on 10-6 showed my winamp.exe as infected with worm.Bagle.o. I miss my Winamp – can I download that safely? I’ve had that forever.

Okay, I am posting the Ewido and HiJack This and will run Activescan one more time tonight and post the results. Thanks again – you’re my hero!

+ Created on: 6:03:21 PM, 10/12/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 3694B74A

+ Scan result:

No infected objects found.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:49:22 PM, on 10/12/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\AutoSizer\AutoSizer.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\hijack this NEW\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.thewgalch....com/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\WS_FTP Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Control Pad - {28D44DAD-D1FC-4d4f-BB1B-ADF037C8DDBC} - C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\Verizon Online Control Pad\VerizonControlPad.Exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Control Pad - {28D44DAD-D1FC-4d4f-BB1B-ADF037C8DDBC} - C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\Verizon Online Control Pad\VerizonControlPad.Exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.t...all/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1123562832238
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1128713893600
O16 - DPF: {776706AE-CACA-4EA3-93DF-BB83D9259DA9} (MailConfigure Class) - http://supportservic...ool/MailCfg.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {D06A22B4-6087-4D3D-B7AF-82B113E9ABD4} (CPostLaunch Object) - http://www2.verizon....es/vzWebIns.CAB
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe

:) :woot: :tazz:

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Please download and run the following according to the instructions provided by Grinler

Download and run Getservices.zip

By Grinler, Note: You must run this program as a user with Administrator privaleges.

Usage Instructions:

To use this script, download Getservices.zip from the link below and extract the zip file to your C: drive. Once it is extracted th exe will be a directory on your C: drive called getservice. Inside the C:\getservice directory will be a file called getservice.bat . Simply double-click on the getservice.bat file and when it is completed a notepad will open with a lot of information. You can then copy the entire contents of that notepad into this thread

townangel

townangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Wow, this one was a mouthful:

PsService v1.1 - local and remote services viewer/controller
Copyright © 2001-2003 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

SERVICE_NAME: AppMgmt
Provides software installation services such as Assign, Publish, and Remove.
TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
START_TYPE : 3 DEMAND_START
ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
TAG : 0
DISPLAY_NAME : Application Management
DEPENDENCIES :
SERVICE_START_NAME: LocalSystem

SERVICE_NAME: Avg7Alrt
(null)
TYPE : 110 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS INTERACTIVE_PROCESS
START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : AVG7 Alert Manager Server
DEPENDENCIES : RPCSS

SERVICE_NAME: Avg7UpdSvc
(null)
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : AVG7 Update Service

SERVICE_NAME: BITS
Transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth. If the service is disabled, then any functions that depend on BITS, such as Windows Update or MSN Explorer will be unable to automatically download programs and other information.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k BITSgroup
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Background Intelligent Transfer Service
DEPENDENCIES : Rpcss
: SENS
: Wmi

SERVICE_NAME: cisvc
Indexes contents and properties of files on local and remote computers; provides rapid access to files through flexible querying language.
TYPE : 120 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS INTERACTIVE_PROCESS
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Indexing Service

SERVICE_NAME: ClipSrv
Supports ClipBook Viewer, which allows pages to be seen by remote ClipBooks.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipsrv.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : ClipBook
DEPENDENCIES : NetDDE

SERVICE_NAME: Dhcp
Manages network configuration by registering and updating IP addresses and DNS names.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\services.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : TDI
DISPLAY_NAME : DHCP Client
DEPENDENCIES : Tcpip
: Afd
: NetBT

SERVICE_NAME: dmadmin
Administrative service for disk management requests
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe /com
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service
DEPENDENCIES : RpcSs
: PlugPlay
: DmServer

SERVICE_NAME: dmserver
Logical Disk Manager Watchdog Service
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Logical Disk Manager

SERVICE_NAME: Dnscache
Resolves and caches Domain Name System (DNS) names.
DISPLAY_NAME : DNS Client
DEPENDENCIES : Tcpip

SERVICE_NAME: Eventlog
Logs event messages issued by programs and Windows. Event Log reports contain information that can be useful in diagnosing problems. Reports are viewed in Event Viewer.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : Event log
DISPLAY_NAME : Event Log
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: EventSystem
Provides automatic distribution of events to subscribing COM components.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : Network
DISPLAY_NAME : COM+ Event System

SERVICE_NAME: ewido security suite control
(null)
ERROR_CONTROL : 0 IGNORE
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : ewido security suite control
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: Fax
Helps you send and receive faxes
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\faxsvc.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Fax Service
DEPENDENCIES : TapiSrv
: RpcSs
: Spooler

SERVICE_NAME: lanmanserver
Provides RPC support and file, print, and named pipe sharing.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Server
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: LmHosts
Enables support for NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) service and NetBIOS name resolution.
DISPLAY_NAME : TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service
DEPENDENCIES : NetBT

SERVICE_NAME: mnmsrvc
Allows authorized people to remotely access your Windows desktop using NetMeeting.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: MSDTC
Coordinates transactions that are distributed across two or more databases, message queues, file systems, or other transaction protected resource managers.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : MS Transactions
TAG : 1
DISPLAY_NAME : Distributed Transaction Coordinator
: SamSS

SERVICE_NAME: MSIServer
Installs, repairs and removes software according to instructions contained in .MSI files.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /V
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Windows Installer

SERVICE_NAME: NetDDE
Provides network transport and security for dynamic data exchange (DDE).
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : NetDDEGroup
DISPLAY_NAME : Network DDE
DEPENDENCIES : NetDDEDSDM

SERVICE_NAME: NetDDEdsdm
Manages shared dynamic data exchange and is used by Network DDE
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Network DDE DSDM
DEPENDENCIES :
: EGrLocalSystem
: Network DDE DSDM
: etwork DDE
: ributed Transaction Coordinator
: trative Service

SERVICE_NAME: Netman
Manages objects in the Network and Dial-Up Connections folder, in which you can view both local area network and remote connections.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Network Connections

SERVICE_NAME: NtmsSvc
Manages removable media, drives, and libraries.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Removable Storage

SERVICE_NAME: PlugPlay
Manages device installation and configuration and notifies programs of device changes.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : PlugPlay
DISPLAY_NAME : Plug and Play
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: PolicyAgent
Manages IP security policy and starts the ISAKMP/Oakley (IKE) and the IP security driver.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\lsass.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : IPSEC Policy Agent

SERVICE_NAME: ProtectedStorage
Provides protected storage for sensitive data, such as private keys, to prevent access by unauthorized services, processes, or users.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Protected Storage

SERVICE_NAME: RasAuto
Creates a connection to a remote network whenever a program references a remote DNS or NetBIOS name or address.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
DEPENDENCIES : RasMan
: Tapisrv

SERVICE_NAME: RasMan
Creates a network connection.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Remote Access Connection Manager
DEPENDENCIES : Tapisrv

SERVICE_NAME: RemoteAccess
Offers routing services to businesses in local area and wide area network environments.
START_TYPE : 4 DISABLED
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Routing and Remote Access
DEPENDENCIES : RpcSS
: +NetBIOSGroup

SERVICE_NAME: RemoteRegistry
Allows remote registry manipulation.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvc.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Remote Registry Service
DEPENDENCIES :
FAIL_RESET_PERIOD : 0 seconds
FAILURE_ACTIONS : Restart DELAY: 1000 seconds

SERVICE_NAME: RpcSs
Provides the endpoint mapper and other miscellaneous RPC services.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k rpcss
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: RSVP
Provides network signaling and local traffic control setup functionality for QoS-aware programs and control applets.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\rsvp.exe -s
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : QoS RSVP
DEPENDENCIES : TcpIp

SERVICE_NAME: SamSs
Stores security information for local user accounts.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Security Accounts Manager
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: SCardDrv
Provides support for legacy smart card readers attached to the computer.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Smart Card Helper
DEPENDENCIES : +Smart Card Reader

SERVICE_NAME: SCardSvr
Manages and controls access to a smart card inserted into a smart card reader attached to the computer.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Smart Card
DEPENDENCIES : PlugPlay

SERVICE_NAME: Schedule
Enables a program to run at a designated time.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSTask.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Task Scheduler

SERVICE_NAME: seclogon
Enables starting processes under alternate credentials
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : RunAs Service
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: SENS
Tracks system events such as Windows logon, network, and power events. Notifies COM+ Event System subscribers of these events.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : Network
DISPLAY_NAME : System Event Notification
DEPENDENCIES : EventSystem

SERVICE_NAME: SharedAccess
Provides network address translation, addressing, and name resolution services for all computers on your home network through a dial-up connection.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Internet Connection Sharing
DEPENDENCIES : RasMan

SERVICE_NAME: Spooler
Loads files to memory for later printing.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : SpoolerGroup
DISPLAY_NAME : Print Spooler

SERVICE_NAME: StiSvc
(null)
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\stisvc.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Still Image Service
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: SysmonLog
Configures performance logs and alerts.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\smlogsvc.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Performance Logs and Alerts
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: TapiSrv
Provides Telephony API (TAPI) support for programs that control telephony devices and IP based voice connections on the local computer and, through the LAN, on servers that are also running the service.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Telephony
DEPENDENCIES : PlugPlay
: RpcSs

SERVICE_NAME: TlntSvr
Allows a remote user to log on to the system and run console programs using the command line.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\tlntsvr.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Telnet
: TcpIp

SERVICE_NAME: TrkWks
Sends notifications of files moving between NTFS volumes in a network domain.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Distributed Link Tracking Client

SERVICE_NAME: UPS
Manages an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) connected to the computer.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\ups.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Uninterruptible Power Supply
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: UtilMan
Starts and configures accessibility tools from one window
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\UtilMan.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Utility Manager
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: W32Time
Sets the computer clock.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Windows Time
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: windows update
Microsoft windows update
BINARY_PATH_NAME : "C:\WINDOWS\services.exe"
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : windows update
DEPENDENCIES :
FAIL_RESET_PERIOD : 10 seconds
FAILURE_ACTIONS : Restart DELAY: 3000 seconds

SERVICE_NAME: WinMgmt
Provides system management information.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Windows Management Instrumentation
FAIL_RESET_PERIOD : 86400 seconds
FAILURE_ACTIONS : Restart DELAY: 60000 seconds
: Restart DELAY: 60000 seconds

SERVICE_NAME: WmdmPmSN
Retrieves the serial number of any portable media player connected to this computer. If this service is stopped, protected content might not be down loaded to the device.
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Portable Media Serial Number Service
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: Wmi
Provides systems management information to and from drivers.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\Services.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: wuauserv
Enables the download and installation of Windows updates. If this service is disabled, this computer will not be able to use the Automatic Updates feature or the Windows Update Web site.
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k wugroup
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
DISPLAY_NAME : Automatic Updates
DEPENDENCIES :

SERVICE_NAME: WZCSVC
Provides authenticated network access control using IEEE 802.1x for wired and wireless Ethernet networks.
DISPLAY_NAME : Wireless Configuration
: Ndisuio
: ProtectedStorage
: WMI

townangel

townangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi Trevuren,

Activescan ran overnight and still shows a couple of problems:

Incident Status Location
Adware:adware/mediatickets No disinfected Windows Registry

Adware:Adware/PurityScan No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\r?gsvr32.exe

AVG Free ran last night and is showing as clear.

Thanks once again for all your help!