Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good antivirus programs

• Please log in to reply

Caseyb

Caseyb

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hello,

I was just wondering since my Norton Internet Security 2005 will be expiring soon what would be a good antivirus program to get. Should I just stick with Norton? I like Norton for the most part, but it really is a resource hog. Also, if I do want to get another antivirus program, will I ever be able to totally wipe Norton off of my system so that it will not interfere with the new program? I was just looking for suggestions from people that know what they're talking about (Geeks to Go Staff).

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

battlefield nut

battlefield nut

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
you should try Trend Micro PC-cillin its very good :tazz:

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Alas, I would put my recommendations, but I am not a Geeks to Go staff.

Cheers,
Tom

I was just looking for suggestions from people that know what they're talking about (Geeks to Go Staff).

View Post

Caseyb

Caseyb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thank you...I appreciate the suggestions.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
If you're looking for free antivirus programs, the staff here recommend these: http://www.geekstogo...ources-t38.html

Caseyb

Caseyb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
No not neccessarily free ones, just good ones. Thank you.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
norton does use a lot of resources but I've used it for years and had no trouble uninstalling it yet.

If you want something with a small footprint, then you should try AVG. It's also free.

a free year's subscription to ezantivirus comes with every installation of win xp. it's just a bit hard to find. it also has a small footprint and scans extremely quickly, which means its either extremely efficient or doesnt do any work :tazz: