Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logon Failure

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I just downloaded the program Logon Stidio from Stardock. It allows you to change the appearance of your login screen. But there is a problem. Whenever I try to logon it just gives me a blue screen error that I can't get past. I have tried safemode and that shows me part of the login screen but it doesnt have a place to type in my password. If anyone knows how to get around the login screen and get streight to windows, I'd be glad to know. Any help or info is appriciated.
The error Message is as follows:

STOP: 0x00000000A (0x8060c578, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8060c578)

Thanks

Edited by 11010110, 10 October 2005 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
That's not good...Try Alt+Control+Delete. It should allow you to type your username and password.

Here's an explanation of 0x0A errors. This may not be caused by Logon Studio. 0x0A problems are often caused by faulty drivers or hardware, but try the Alt+Control+Delete first. If it works, I would recommend uninstall Logon Studio.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I have tried Ctrl+Alt+Del but that doesnt help.
I cant get into windows so is there another way to uninstall it?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

Can you boot to safe mode with command prompt rather than just safe mode?

wannabe1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del again to no avail so i got frustrated and typed random things and somehow got something to work. i reset the defauts and now everything is working fine. Thanks for all of your help.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Thanks for the update. If you remember what you did (more specifically), would you please post it here so others with the same problem can be helped?