Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem getting online with Roadrunner

• Please log in to reply

Martamarie

Martamarie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been trying to get my computer up an going for almost 5 months. It seems it will work for a day or two at a time and then not at all. My original problem is that it was giving me an invalid IP address and would not renew in the winIPconfig command. First i had an issue with Roadrunner. I would call the Tech support and after 1 or more hours of doing as the tech would instruct me it was always the same result - there is a problem with your computer or OS. :tazz: After having my conputer brought to my boss' place and hooked up to their Roadrunner line with out any problems/errors getting on line and 3 more phone calls to RR i finally got a tech out to check my line which did need to be reconfigured (i am not sure the details of this) it would now give me a valid IP address but would not let me online. The tech had a fix disk that he said had a winsock 2 fix on it that he would try. After he did his thing with this disk it worked.....for 2 days :) I am not sure what my next course of action should be. Should i bring my computer in somewhere to take a look at it and how do i even describe what the problem is to know that i am not going to get scammed! Any input would be GREATLY apreciated!

Thank you in advance,

martamarie

Advertisements