Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy and Paste Problems.

• Please log in to reply

hkkippy

hkkippy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have sent links using copy and paste for a long time. Now I am having problems. I get the copy part to darken, but when I right click on paste nothing happens. It isn't highlighted. Any suggestions. Thank you.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try hitting CTRL+C to copy the text once you have it highlighted and then CTRL+V to paste it.

Fenor

hkkippy

hkkippy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you. I'll let you know what happens.

hkkippy

hkkippy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Fenor,

Didn't work. I don't mean "cut and paste", but "copy and paste" to forward alink.

Thanks,
Howie

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

I have sent links using copy and paste for a long time.  Now I am having problems.  I get the copy part to darken, but when I right click on paste nothing happens.  It isn't highlighted.  Any suggestions.  Thank you.

View Post

When you copy something, you highlight it, then right click somewhere in the highlighted area, then select COPY. Then you go to whereever you want to paste it (address bar, email, forum post, etc...) and right click in the area where you would normally type it in and select PASTE. From what I have read it seems that you just highlight the text and select paste, which won't work....Maybe you just didn't describe it clearly enough, maybe forgot a step??....

Fenor

hkkippy

hkkippy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Fenor,

I have been doing this for quite a while and now it won't work. I highlight in the browser, right click, and hit copy which is highlighted. Then I go to space to sent an email, etc., right click and the paste word is not highlighted so I can't click on it. That's where the difference is: the word used to be highlighted and now it isn't. What must be done to get word highlighted? Could it be a mouse problem?

Thank you for all your help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you open a document, press edit, select all, edit, copy

Open a blank document, press edit, paste to see if it transfers

hkkippy

hkkippy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you all. I've got it now. Appreciate the help.