Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Fiend Has WallPaper and Error oxc.0000022

• Please log in to reply

Learnatic

Learnatic

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
My friend has wallpaper and a dialog box saying "Explorer.exe Application Error oxc0000022"
Appliction Failed.
This started happening last Sunday ( 9th Oct) and I started it in safe mode and set it to restore at 16th Sept. But same results came up !!
I've come to a dead-end.
Anyone seen this before and can help? I'd appreciate it.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Learnatic!

Seems like your friend has gotten a little malware in his/her system. I suggest you take a trip down to the Malware Forum. Please read the START HERE first.

If you are still having problems, after being given a clean bill of health by a malware expert, please return to THIS thread and we will try other options to help you solve this problem.

Good luck!

Fenor

Learnatic

Learnatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Fenor, thanks for the quick reply.
I have been to the above sites but cannot access the workings of her puter.
I ran ( in safe mode) the un-updated Ad Aware, Spybot, CWS, AVG and HJT.
It will not hookup to the internet for updates.
Still just a picture in normal mode sans toolbar, icons and mouse activity.
If you feel this should be in the malware forum, that's OK.
Cheers.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Yes I would take this to the Malware Forum and let them help you out. If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health, please return to THIS thread and we will consider other options to help solve your current problem.

As for not being able to access the internet, you can download the DETECTION UPDATES from the site and apply them manually.

Fenor

Learnatic

Learnatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
.."..As for not being able to access the internet, you can download the DETECTION UPDATES from the site and apply them manually..."..
Sorry Fenor, I can't download anything as it will not connect.
Moving to Malware site now.
Thanks anyway,
M.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can connect to the internet from the computer you are using to access this board, so download them on that computer and then transfer them over to your infected computer. But anyways, you're in good hands with the guys over in the Malware Forum.

Fenor