Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Remove Addresses in Start Page

• Please log in to reply

Berocca

Berocca

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Greyknight17 has helped me disinfect a friend's computer infected with hundreds of infections.

All is now almost well, and I will soon return the Computer it to my friend.

But I still have an Internet problem.

The home page is no longer getting hijacked and Greyknight17 has given an all Ok with the log file now produced by Hijack This.

The home page which was previously being hijacked, now obediently accepts google as the start home page, but I notice a number of addresses (adult sites my friend used to visit which originally seemed to have caused all his infections.)

My concern is that he may accidently click on these sites shown in the address box and get the computer infected again.

I have gone into Internet Options and carried out "Clear History", "Delete Files", "Delete Cookies" brought up the addresses I want to remove and backspaced them to delete them, but the old ones still reappear.

Any ideas on how I can permanently remove these old addresses?

P.S. He now has Internet Explorer Version 6.0.2900.2180xpsp_sp2_gdr loaded on the computer.

Edited by Berocca, 11 October 2005 - 09:07 AM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Try going to Internet Options>Content>Auto-Complete..

Uncheck both the Passwords and Web Addresses options.. Click on Clear Passwords and Clear Forms..

Apply and okay out..

Clean out all those others areas once more.. empty the Recycle Bin and reboot..

See if that helps at all!!

Murray

Berocca

Berocca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Brilliant.

Thanks Murray S.

It works even without the reboot.

You guys and and this board are just the best.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Not a problem.. Glad I was able to help!! :tazz:

Murray