Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Dealhelper removal

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am having a small problem with a computer. This person has somehow gotten the spyware Dealhelper, and I am fresh out of ideas. I have followed the pointers outlined here, and have also utilized several other resources (i.e. Microsoft Tech Net, Symantec, etc.) totaling about 9 attempts. The problem I am running into is this: The files and registry entries I am supposed to delete are simply not there. These files may have been changed, and that may have been a recent development, but I have not found anything pointing to that. There are, however, several reoccuring files in the Temp folder in the user's local settings. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day.