Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TRIED TO CUSTOMIZE DOWNLOAD OF ACCESS 2000

• Please log in to reply

davemendoza

davemendoza

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I already have MS Office Suite 2003. I needed Access and found my prior MS Suite 2000.

I tried to download ONLY the MS Access program to avoid conflict with the 2003 App.

After much frustation in figuring out how to only INSTALL Access 2000 and not the others,. it seemed successful. All my other Office Apps remained 2003 as planned.

The problem is that now when I open Registry Mechanic or Ewido or even MS Word - it keeps asking that I put in MS 2000 Office CD in.

When I Installed the original 2000 Office Suite I recall checking off to use only Disk for those other aps to avoid having them download too.

How do I fix all this? Keeping my MS 2003 Office Suite while also using ONLY office 2000 Access, while not having conflicts.

Do I have to delete Acess? DO I have to delete anything else in control panel to kill the request for 2000 disk? Then do I reload the Access 2000 program with a specified action?

Let me know please!

Edited by davemendoza, 11 October 2005 - 10:06 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you say where this was downloaded from

davemendoza

davemendoza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Thanks Keith

I meant to say Install rather than download, apologies. I installed the program directly from the MS Office 2000 CD.

It is a program I legitimately puchased a few years ago.

I had hoped to install this older version of Access now because a new app I have provides support only with Access. I had hoped eventually I could purchase a cheaper version update of Access 2003 by doing it this way.

In any case, the major issue is on how to kill the annoying MS Office popup about entering the MS office disk during common tasks

Thanks!