Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can only start in start mode

• Please log in to reply

rreynolds

rreynolds

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
i had an original problem which originated from malware which resulted in me being unable to start my computer atall.
(all is stated in a previous topic)
http://www.geekstogo...=0

after trying to fix the computer i was awaiting a call from dell who could then help me out, but while trying to prepare fro the call my computer suddenly started in safe mode!!!
after following all of the correct information given to me in my first topic i then tried to reboot in windows, after seeing the startup screen (windows logo etc) my compouter then stayed at a blank screen, i tried to reboot many different times but i can still access safe mode, and setup and i cannot see a problem but there obviously is one. what should i do?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

Don't worry; Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

This is likely to be the quickest

rreynolds

rreynolds

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
thanks ill try that
incase your wondering im on another computer in my house

rreynolds

rreynolds

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
woops double post

Edited by rreynolds, 11 October 2005 - 10:44 AM.

rreynolds

rreynolds

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
keith, just to make sure will my windows xp cd be the purple one i got with my dell?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it is a restore CD you have to be careful that it does not put the PC back to its original configuration of XP and nothing else

Load it and see what the options are, if it says anything about losing data and settings, cancel it

rreynolds

rreynolds

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok i did that and still the same problem, i am beggining to think that i need to reinstall my monitor now, because i hear the windows startup sound but see nothing, i foundthe cd which came with the monitor and when i out it in it comes up with the instructions and tell me what to do and after following the help it becomes apparant that there is no "update driver" section so i cannot continue

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 until you get options, choose safe mode to see if it loads to the desktop