Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet explorer doesn't load up online pages

• Please log in to reply

culubalo

culubalo

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi everyone :tazz:
My Internet explorer (6.0 sp2) doesnt go to online pages, I can load off html documents off the harddrive fine onto it but if I try to go to an online website like google it doesn't do anything and after a while says the page could not be found.

I have serached for spyway using 3 different programs (ad aware spybot and spyware doctor), they came up wtih stuff which I removed but nothing that fixed ie.

I usually use firefox but on occasions I must use internet explorer.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Turn off any Proxy servers you may be running.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections.

If on Dial-Up (or using a USB modem), select the DUN, click Settings and turn off Proxy in there. Otherwise click on LAN Settings and turn off that proxy.

Be advised that if you have a proxy setup to another ISP that you don't use, it will usually not let you on.

culubalo

culubalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Turn off any Proxy servers you may be running.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections.

If on Dial-Up (or using a USB modem), select the DUN, click Settings and turn off Proxy in there. Otherwise click on LAN Settings and turn off that proxy.

Be advised that if you have a proxy setup to another ISP that you don't use, it will usually not let you on.

there is nothing to connect to, I attached an image of how far I could go...

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Click on LAN settings and turn off any proxy servers in there.

culubalo

culubalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
everything looks off at lan settings, non of the boxes are checked in lan settings.

It doesn't look like the proxy things are on...

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.JPG