Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor won't produce a signal

• Please log in to reply

cricka15

cricka15

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, just finished building a computer as follows and i keep getting a no signal error on the monitor. i've checked the graphics card is in properly and i have tried connecting a different monitor, and that still produced no signal.i've tried connecting the monitor using both the dvi adaptor that came with the graphics card and the normal analogue cable, still no signal.

spec:

Benq FP737S-D 17" TFT 16ms 500:1 (1280x1024) (Analogue/DVI)
NEC ND3540A 16x DVD±RW Dual Layer Internal IDE
Western Digital WD2000JD 200GB SATA/150 7200RPM 8MB Cache
Intel Pentium 4 640 3.2Ghz Socket 775 800mhz 2mb
Cherrycreek S775 I915p (Intel Desktop Board D915PCY)
Connect 3d X700 PRO 256mb DDR with VGA DVI-I & Tv-out PCI-E
Corsair (VS1GBKIT533D2), 1GB Kit

any ideas or possible solutions would be great.

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
One thing you might check: Is there an onboard video option on the motherboard? If so, make sure that it is disabled (via the BIOS) then try your video card again. Also, if you happen to have an old video card (that you know works) that you can use, (or borrow from a friend for a few minutes) you should try to put that one instead just to see if it works. If it does, then the problem lies with the new video card you have.

--Chris