Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some image loading problems....

• Please log in to reply

The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hey guys, how's it going? Yeah, I'm new here and I have a very confusing question. I saw the last previous posts involving around IE image loading issues and I have the same problem except I use Netscape. I thought maybe my Netscape browser was the problem but I also used Firefox and IE 6 to view Yahoo and it still persists. For some reason, I can't see the Yahoo banner when I go to the web site. And whatever source the Yahoo banner is used to load, I can't see any images associated with that. I also can't use the Excite search engine to search for things on this computer. Can someone help? That'd be grand, thanks....and sorry if someone's already asked this question.

Edited by The_Wanderer, 11 October 2005 - 02:44 PM.

Advertisements

not_napster

not_napster

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Ok try this.

1) Open Up Firefox browser.
2) Click on the "Tools" Tab
3) On the left side click on "Web Features" button
4) Make sure the option which says "Load Images" is checked. and uncheck "for the originating website only".

Let us know if this solves your problem.

cheers

not_napster

The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hey Napster,

I'm a Netscape user but I tried that option anyways on Firefox and it still doesn't work. Thnx for help, though.....anyone else have ideas? How do you post picture of what's on your screen on here? I think if I can do that, you can see what image loading problem I have?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have any kind of firewall running? is it all images on all sites? just banner type advertisement images? on all websites or just the ones you've mentioned?

The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
No, it's not a firewall issue. And it's just the specified images, not just any or all images. Every web site that uses the same sourcing as the Yahoo banner does samething.