Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Removal - HELP

• Please log in to reply

blueridge

blueridge

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My laptop is infected with PSGuard. I am new to this forum and a fairly unsophisticated computer user. The desktop is black with a large warning message. There is a PSGuard Virus and Spyware dialog box. There is a PSGuard shortcut on the desktop. I have followed the instructions on the new users page. Even before doing that I ran the Microsoft Beta AntiSpyware, AdAware, and the latest version of Spybot. (These programs have been pretty effective in the past in eliminating spyware, as far as I could tell). I downloaded the CW program as suggested but it would not run after downloading. The newest version of Spybot (1.4) seemed to detect the PSGuard but the fix didn't seem to work. After all of these scans I rebooted and ran the Hijack This program. I would be grateful for any help that the members of this forum could provide.

Edited by blueridge, 11 October 2005 - 06:03 PM.

Advertisements

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
Hi blueridge, welcome to GeeksToGo.

Please post a HijackThis log into this thread using the Add Reply button on top and I will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Armodeluxe