Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Read Only Files

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Is it possible to convert read only files or download them a certain way so that they actually work and not [bleep] up your programs?

I recently had an incident where read only font files were screwing up my programs to the point where you couldnt use them. Im just want to know if its possible to do something to read only fonts so that they are actually able to be used without a problem.

Im interested in any info or advice in this area because I want to know if I should or shouldnt even bother with read only fonts when Im selecting them and downloading them.

Thanks in advance for any help or info, its much appreciated.

Im using Windows XP

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and Welcome to Geeks To Go Akuji

If you have read only files and what to turn off the read only, Right click them and press properties and then in the general tab untick the read only box.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 11 October 2005 - 06:58 PM.