Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sthing's changed

• Please log in to reply

koniord

koniord

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hallo,
After my dearest causin spent sometime on my pc with XP Pro SP1 the little boxes on the taskbar that show the open windows have disapeared.
What can I do about that?

Thank you and sorry about the stupid problem but my mind has stuck

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi koniord...Welcome to G2G!

Try running a System Restore

Click Start and point to All Programs then to Accessories then to System Tools and click System Restore

On the Welcome to System Restore page, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" (it should be selected by default), and then click "Next"

On the Select a Restore Point page, click a bold date on the calendar to the left, go back to a time before your problem began, and then click "Next". A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click "Ok".
On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click "Next". System Restore will restore the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restart the computer.

When the System Restore Restoration Complete page appears...Click "Ok".

Let me know how it goes...

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 11 October 2005 - 06:05 PM.