Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer sounds bad

• Please log in to reply

gladwarez

gladwarez

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, I have an Avance AC97 soundcard, and on XP.

When i play music on the computer, there seems to be crackling noises I can only describe as something similar to the sound of a vinyl disc playing. Needless to say, this is increadibly annoying.

I've tried the Winamp forums, but since it was a problem with my computer, not winamp, they redirected me here.

Hopefully you all can help me, I updated my sound driver just tonight (realtek ac97 audio), it fixed it a little bit, but it isn't gone.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi gladwarez! Welcome to G2G!

Have you tried using a different set of speakers? It's possible that the set you are using now are damaged in some way. Even if they don't work on another set of speakers it will help us narrow down the possibilities of what might be causing this problem.

Fenor

gladwarez

gladwarez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh i forgot to mention that. Yup I've tried another pair of speakers and headphones, neither of which were any better.