Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Removal of old McAffe Vscan no CD

• Please log in to reply

Kahlua

Kahlua

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been trying to install Security Suite since April. I have a McAffe anitvirus on my computer that the Security Suite says must be removed before it will finish installing. I have tried to go to remove this program but will not/computer says I need to have a CD to remove but I don't have it.
What else can I do, to get this off of my computer? Computer tells me it is McAffe Vscan 4.5.1.msi. I have gone to the network associate website for help but there really nothing that I understand. It is my sincere hope that someome can please help me.

Edited by Kahlua, 11 October 2005 - 07:38 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and Welcome to Geeks To Go

I am sorry you can't remove it with out the CD. The best idea is to ring up McAffe explain you problem and ask for a CD.

Sorry I can't help more, besides saying to install AVG Anti Virus once you have got rid of MaAffe

Edited by Michael Buckley, 18 October 2005 - 12:25 AM.