Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fasttrack Controller

• Please log in to reply

Mattybumba

Mattybumba

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey guys,

just built my dads computer with a sata harddrive. started it up and works fine, except when loading before it goes into xp, a message appears saying, "No Drive attached to fasttrack controller, the BIOS is not installed" :)

I have no idea wat this means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanxs

:tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Hey guys,

just built my dads computer with a sata harddrive. started it up and works fine, except when loading before it goes into xp, a message appears saying, "No Drive attached to fasttrack controller, the BIOS is not installed" :)

I have no idea wat this means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanxs

:tazz:

That's perfectly normal. The BIOS isn't installed unless there is a bootable drive attached to the bus.

MichaelR

MichaelR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All:
Without doing anything to my computer I get the same message message during bootup. At boot up I don't get the scroll down of whats been loaded but he machine does load everything and operates as it should.
What could have happened to suddenly make this happen?
Michael

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
For either of you, don't worry. I'm on a machine right now that I've put an scsi controller in, and I get the same message every boot. If you don't put an scsi drive in a machine with a controller you get that message.

Edited by Tyger, 24 October 2005 - 01:58 PM.

Leighton III

Leighton III

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just started getting the same message after a year of not seeing it. Also, once windows boots I get the "new hardware found" message and it wants me to locate and install the drivers for this "mystery" piece of hardware that windows has found. Any ideas?

Leighton III

Leighton III

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Bump...