Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Memory Leaks

• Please log in to reply

mattblue

mattblue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
It seems as if I have a memory leak error. My computer runs slower and slower over the course of the night. How can I check and fix it.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Not much info to work off can you please post more about your problem. What programs do you have?

Do Ctrl + Alt +Delete and see which process is taking up the most RAM.

If you what more speed read Easy XP Tweaks Second Edition, if you what performance I would do Tweaks 2, 3, 7, 13, 19, 23, 30, 31.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 12 October 2005 - 04:46 AM.

dagger

dagger

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
How much RAM do you have, are u getting a low virtual memory error? What about free disk space? You cud run a disk cleanup and defragment the HDD if the system is slow and see if it helps. Also check if the paging file is badly fragmented. if so u might need a third party tool to defragment it. Here'z a link on virtual memory
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php